Sunday, January 21, 2007

The Good News

Something wonderful happened on Saturday, January 13th: Andrew proposed, and I accepted.


(Thanks to Lucy for the photo!)

It was a wonderful, terrifying, completely surprising moment, and I am still recovering. We both walk around with silly grins. I am trying out the word 'fiancé' and calling everyone I know. (not calling them 'fiancé', of course...) Until we know more about where we will be living (due to jobs, PhDs, etc) we are trying our very hardest not to talk too much about plans and dates and practical things like that. But the reality check is made easier by my beautiful new ring...





(Andrew discovered that it's surprisingly difficult to take good pictures of a diamond ring!)

Sparkle, sparkle.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, contratulations to you both. This is great news.